Square pipe is a name for square pipe and rectangular pipe, that is, steel pipe with equal and unequal side lengths. It is made of rolled strip steel after process treatment. Generally, the strip steel is unpacked, leveled, crimped and welded to form a round pipe, then rolled into a square pipe, and then cut into the required length.
According to the production process, square tubes are divided into hot-rolled seamless square tubes, cold drawn seamless square tubes, extruded seamless square tubes and welded square tubes.
The welded square pipe is divided into
1. According to the process – arc welding square tube, resistance welding square tube (high frequency and low frequency), gas welding square tube and furnace welding square tube
2. According to the weld – straight welded square pipe and spiral welded square pipe.
Square tubes are divided into ordinary carbon steel square tubes and low alloy square tubes according to material.
1. Ordinary carbon steel is divided into Q195, Q215, Q235, SS400, 20# steel, 45# steel, etc.
2. Low alloy steels are divided into Q345, 16Mn, Q390, St52-3, etc.
Production standard classification
Square tubes are divided into national standard square tubes, Japanese standard square tubes, British standard square tubes, American standard square tubes, European standard square tubes and non-standard square tubes according to production standards.
Section shape classification
Square pipes are classified according to section shape:
1. Simple section square tube: square tube, rectangular square tube.
2. Square tube with complex section: flower shaped square tube, open square tube, corrugated square tube and special-shaped square tube.
Surface treatment classification
Square pipes are divided into hot-dip galvanized square pipes, electro galvanized square pipes, oiled square pipes and pickled square pipes according to surface treatment.
Square tubes are classified by purpose: square tubes for decoration, square tubes for machine tool equipment, square tubes for mechanical industry, square tubes for chemical industry, square tubes for steel structure, square tubes for shipbuilding, square tubes for automobile, square tubes for steel beams and columns, and square tubes for special purposes.
Wall thickness classification
Rectangular tubes are classified according to wall thickness: extra thick walled rectangular tubes, thick walled rectangular tubes and thin-walled rectangular tubes.
GB / t6728-2002, GB / t6725-2002, gbt3094-2000, JG 178-2005, ASTM A500, JIS g3466, en10210 or technical agreement.
GB / t3094-2000 (national standard) cold pressed special-shaped rectangular pipe
GB / t6728-2002 (national standard) cold formed hollow section steel for structure
ASTM A500 (American Standard) carbon steel Cold-Formed Welded rectangular tubes and seamless rectangular tubes with round and special-shaped sections for structure
En10219-1-2006 (European standard) cold formed welded hollow structural sections of non alloy and fine grain
JIS g 3466 (Japanese standard) angular rectangular pipe for general construction
Post time: Aug-25-2021